The final exam will be held in-person on Thursday, August 11, 5:00–8:00 PM PT.
If you would like to request an online exam for any reason or would like to request an alternate exam time, please fill out the exam adjustments form:
- Final scope: Lectures 1-25, Discussions 1-2, Projects 1-3, Homeworks 1-7.
- The textbook is a supplemental resource but is not officially in scope.
- Students may prepare and bring use 2 two-sided cheat sheets for the midterm and 4 two-sided cheat sheets for the final. You may reuse your cheat sheets on the midterm for the final.
- Cheat sheets must be handwritten. Handwritten tablet notes may be printed and used. If you have handwritten tablet notes but no printer access, let us in a private post on Piazza.
In-Person Exam Logistics
- In-person exams will be conducted in assigned exam rooms. You will receive confirmation of your exam room and seat number in the days leading up to the exam.
Online Exam Logistics
- Online exams will be conducted via Zoom proctoring. Students will receive a Zoom link and name(s) of their proctors in the days leading up to the exam.
- If you’d prefer to upload a local recording instead of using Zoom, or you’d prefer to record a screen share and webcam feed instead, please reach out privately.
If you feel uncomfortable with proctoring, please reach out so you can discuss alternatives with an instructor.
- Before the exam:
- Download Zoom on your smartphone and experiment with a video recording setup (see below). You can see examples of setups from course staff here. Please reach out privately on Ed if you are having setup difficulties.
- On the day of the exam:
- Join the Zoom meeting and position your smartphone so that we can clearly see your computer/tablet screen, and if possible, both of your hands. The exam won’t start until everyone’s in the Zoom room, so you may have to wait a few minutes.
- When the proctor has announced that the exam has started, the decryption password will be posted on Examtool.
- During the exam:
- Only the 61A Examtool page should be on your computer screen.
- Submit clarification requests through the 61A Examtool. If your question is answered, it will be displayed as an announcement. Please check the announcements periodically during the exam.
- Technical issues:
- Don’t worry if your video feed disconnects briefly during the exam.
- If you encounter significant technical problems, don’t worry about video proctoring and focus on finishing the exam.
- We may ask some students to take a short verbal exam after the exam and explain how to solve one or more problems that are similar to an exam question they got right.
- If you encounter Internet problems, write your answers locally and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the exam is over.
- If you need to use the bathroom, just leave the video feed on while you’re away.
- Course staff will not save any images or recordings from the proctoring session after the exam is over.
- Course staff will respect your privacy and not disclose any information from the proctoring session after the exam, except in cases of academic dishonesty.
- Every case of potential academic dishonesty will be manually reviewed, and you’ll be able to discuss the situation with the instructor.
- You have the option to join the meeting with your SID as your display name for anonymity.
- We will tell you who your proctor is before the exam. You have the option to switch proctors for any reason: please reach out privately before the exam if you would like to switch proctors.